Are you planning to sell your car in the near future? If so, a pre-sale deep clean is a must on your to-do list. Although it may seem like an unnecessary investment, the benefits are clear. A comprehensive car detail can help you:
- Increase your asking price
- Sell your vehicle faster
- And make your vehicle look newer
Simply put, the detailing job will pay for itself and then some. Your car will fetch more on the open market, and it will sell faster. It’s an easy decision to make.
Read Also: Why You Should Consider Getting Swissvax Service for Your Car
How a Pre-Sale Clean Restores the Interior
A car’s interior can make or break the deal. A clean, pleasant smelling interior shows buyers the vehicle has been well-maintained. Plus, it’s a major selling point. The buyer will be happy he or she won’t have to clean the interior themselves.
So how exactly can a detailing service help? Car detailers are trained to restore the interior of your vehicle. All surfaces – from the carpets, to the vinyl dash – are deep-cleaned, and special products like leather conditioner are used to revitalise the interior. A few areas the pre-sale detail will target:
- Dash and console: This is the first area the buyer will see, and as such, it can create a lasting impression. Getting the tough-to-reach dirt in the cracks and crevices of the dash and console will help you give buyers that “wow factor.”
- Carpets Shampooed: Stained, smelly carpets are major turn-offs for buyers. Having the carpets shampooed and deodarised will ensure they look and smell great.
- Leather Seats Cleaned and Conditioned: Leather seats increase the resale value of your vehicle. But if they haven’t been properly maintained, they can start to fade and crack. Cleaning and conditioning the seats will restore their glossy finish and revitalise their appearance.
Read Also: What to Expect From a Full Detailing Service
Giving Your Vehicle a Near-New Exterior
Curbside appeal is the No. 1 selling point, and a detail will help you accentuate the vehicle’s exterior. From the wheels, to the paint’s finish, a hand wash will restore the appearance of your vehicle and give it a glossy, polished look. A pre-sale detail targets a number of specific areas, including:
- Wheels and Tyres Cleaned and Polished: Your vehicle’s wheels collect brake dust and dirt from the road. A detailer’s job is to restore their shine and remove tough brake dust stains.
- Paint Polished and Deep-Cleaned: A shiny exterior instantly makes your vehicle look newer. Plus, it will signal to buyers that the vehicle has been well-maintained.
- Engine Surface Cleaning: When you go to sell your vehicle, chances are the buyer will take a look at the engine. That’s why you should absolutely have the engine surface detailed before you sell. It will instantly look like it’s been well-maintained, which is always attractive to car buyers.
An auto detail prior to selling your vehicle is a must-do. Your car will look newer, buyers will see it’s well-maintained, and you’ll be able to ask more for it.
Who knows…you might even want to keep it!